04 July 2009

All Luck Ran Out

The Internet went out in my apartment and, since I'm subletting, I have no idea how to contact somebody to fix it. I'm just hoping it miraculously comes back on its own. If not, I guess I will do my Web stuff daily at this fabulous place I'm sitting now, Korjaamo. It's this great little art gallery/cafe/restaurant/theater/bar/club/concert venue. (Not joking, it really is all those things.)

I discovered that my Internet was out yesterday morning and I was very irritated. I remembered that Ravintola Tori has WiFi and so I planned to go there. And since I was already heading that way, I thought I might as well grab my typewriter and get in some busking time, too.

I spent the afternoon working online, and people who recognize me from busking were startled to see me with a more advanced piece of technology, my MacBook. But it was a lot to lug over to the restaurant: my typewriter and the rest of my busking materials, my laptop and normal necessities. I must have looked crazy with all that stuff.

Around 6 p.m., I started busking. And this was the first day that I didn't get one customer. Not one! I was kind of irritated by that, but the time I spent sitting at my post was not wasted. My friend asked me to write a story which I hadn't started yet. It was supposed to be "sexy," and I never write things like that, I guess. It was weird, and it took me a while, because it was a bit longer than the normal things I write. It was nice, after all, because I was able to make some writing that will not disappear out of my hands and mind right after I finish it.

Today is sunny, but rather cold and windy. I'm debating whether or not I should go busking, and the answer is probably yes, I should. I do need the money, after all. Let's hope I have at least one good customer, if I do go.

No comments:

Post a Comment